Calling All Lifeguards
Lifeguarding is a professionally rewarding experience, and the Aquatic Division is extremely passionate about the safety of visitors and staff at our City Pool. Being a lifeguard means you’re trusted with the lives of others, so you’ll need to be extremely responsible, attentive and patient. You will be required to attend the lifeguard certification course for the job which includes both physical challenges and a written exam to ensure you’re capable of performing the necessary duties of the job.
How to become a Deer Park Lifeguard?
1. Apply Now!
The Aquatic Division's hiring process is simple. We are currently hiring for Swim Aides/Cashiers, Lifeguards and Pool Managers. All applicants need to complete an online application through the City of Deer Park's Career website. Applicants must be 15 years of age or older to be a swim aide and 16 years of age or older to be a lifeguard
* Online Application
* Swim Aide Job Description
* Lifeguard Job Description
* Pool Manager Job Description
2. Come to an Open House! (Lifeguards only)
If you are interesting in being a lifeguard this summer, we invite you to come to one of the two Open Houses we are hosting.
- Tuesday, March 27, Room 10 - Deer Park Community Center at 6pm
- Tuesday, April 10, Room 10 - Deer Park Community Center at 6pm
The sessions will start at 6:00pm and last approximately an hour and a half. Our Open House is designed to give applicants a preview of what Deer Park Aquatics is all about. Attendance at one of these sessions is highly recommended and provides an opportunity for you to sign up for an individual interview. Please dress appropriately while attending Open House.
During this Open House, you will be signing up for interview and swim test times. We highly recommend that you apply for the position prior to attending Open House.
3. Get Trained!
The Aquatic Division takes lifeguard training and certification seriously. Training for our facility can only be obtained in house at our facility by our instructors. The City of Deer Park Pool is an Ellis and Associates certified facility. We will hold only two certification courses for staff that are hired in for our facility:
Lifeguard Certification Course
- Date: April 27 - 29 OR May 4 - 6
- You must be able to swim 200 meters and dive 5 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Be 16 years old or older
- Be willing and able to pass the certification course (taught at the Dow Park City Pool.)
- These are the only two certification courses offered for the summer. If you are unable to attend either, we will be unable to hire you.
Apply to be a Lifeguard